Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mommy We Don't Appreciate it!

Breaking everything down so this is not long!

Melt downs with Liam have become a big bottle of Tylenol and blood pressure to go up! I really do not understand why he thinks it okay to yell at me and demand like he does. No one in our home does that! He has become clinger; which is normal with a newborn coming soon but lord son lay off mommy’s grub! Lol

Liam honestly expects to have the house television on the channel he wants, the t.v. in his room on what he wants and to top it off he wants to watch cartoons on my iPhone as well. You are not allowed to change a channel without a sudden melt down! Thankfully, we do not allow him to win that battle and stand our ground.
Yesterday Ian had to be picked up from school due to a kid poking him in the eye. Poor kid really is dramatic about little things like that. You would think someone ripped his eye out! But with much understanding and assuring him, he finally overcame the pain.

Over the weekend, we allowed Taylor to hang out with her friends walking around town and being a teen. Well she came home, mention she brought a dress and my mind went to “Wait what? With what money?”. The first lie was I had money which was untrue and I soon confronted her with my thoughts and how much it bugs us. I was firm and direct with Taylor. I do and waiting on receipt for that dress! Even though she told me her friend purchased the dress for her and that she is going to pay her back. This type of stuff doesn’t fly with me/us. I want my daughter to earn things on her own or ask us. Her friend’s parents work hard to give her friend money for how ever their daughter earns it. Taylor lacks that want or desire to earn by doing her chorus and we have seen such a huge change in her since we moved back home. But I do hope the fact that she lied, can paint such a harsh opinion on her behavior when she hangs out with one friend. So she lost her phone, laptop and has to prove that dress was purchased! Friday is not that far away!


This is life in my world, things we deal with and so many other parents! I at times want to hide in a cave when it becomes all too much and to be honest, things are so different raising kids these days than they were when I was growing up. I was kept home all the time and rarely hung out with my friends because of my home life wasn’t the best. At the age of 12, my mother left and I had to step up and be a mom to my siblings. At age 16, my dad really expected me to really be the mom roll for my siblings and my young teen years never existed. It hurts to this day and just this year my dad finally apologized for it and how much I did help. I just wish my daughter really appreciated the things we provide for her, even if we don’t have much money and trying our best for her. Over all I hope all my kids appreciate the things we do for them when we can without the slap in the face that we get from them. Life is full of people with much less and it seems I can’t get the people in my home to see that or the want to change how we live. But I know one day God will show them and help me get through it without landing me with a ticket the mental home for free meals and plenty of sleep lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment